NSERC Summer Undergraduate Student Reseach Award (USRA)
Deadline: January 19, 2018
Please email Jennifer Tilston [jennifer.tilston at uwo.ca] if you are interested in applying for a 2017 NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Award.
To qualify for a USRA, a student must:
- -be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada as of the deadline date for applications
- -be registered, at the time you apply, in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university
- -have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least second class (a grade of "B" or "B-," if applicable) as defined by your university; however we have been advised by the Science Dean's Office not to put forward applications of students with an average below 80%
- -have completed all the course requirements of at least the first year of university study (or two academic terms) of your bachelor's degree
- -have been registered in at least one of the two terms immediately before holding the award in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university
- -not have started a program of graduate studies in the natural sciences or engineering, or currently be enrolled in a professional program (MD, DDS, etc), or hold a higher degree in natural sciences or engineering
NSERC websites with additional instructions
The NSERC USRAs are paid positions. For a full 16-week term, NSERC supplies $4500, which we top up according to a student's experience and according to NSERC's minimum 25% top up requirement.
A list of our available research projects can be found here: Undergraduate Research Projects
Please contact our Faculty found at this link to ask if they would be willing to supervise an NSERC USRA recipient for Summer 2016: Faculty
A list of past NSERC USRA winners can be found here: http://physics.uwo.ca/news/student_awards_archives/nserc_usra_award.html