Selected Recent Publications
Follow the link to download a pdf from the publishers' sites.
- N. Yang, J.L. Hutter, J.R. de Bruyn, "Microrheology, microstructure, and aging of physically cross-linked poly(vinyl alcohol)/poly(ethylene glycol) blends." J. Rheology 56, 797822 (2012).
- M. Grbic, et al., "The genome of Tetranychus urticae reveals herbivorous pest adaptations." Nature 479, 487492 (2012).
- S. Nene, E. Karhu, R. Flemming, J.L. Hutter, "A diffusionless transition in a normal alkane." J. Crystal Growth 311, 47704777 (2009).
- E. Karhu, M. Gooyers, J.L. Hutter, "Quantitative friction-force measurements by longitudinal atomic force microscopy imaging." Langmuir 25, 62036213 (2009).
- K.K.-H. Wong, J.L. Hutter, M. Zinke-Allmang, W. Wan, "Physical properties of ion-beam treated electrospun poly(vinyl alcohol) nanofibres." Eur. Polym. J. 45, 1349–1358 (2009).
- S.D. Hudson, J.L. Hutter, M.-P. Nieh, J. Pencer, L.E Millon, W. Wan, "Characterization of anisotropic poly(vinyl alcohol) by small- and ultra-small-angle neutron scattering." J. Chem Phys. 130, 034903 (2009).
- N. Yang, K.K.-H. Wong, J.R. de Bruyn, J.L. Hutter, "Frequency-dependent viscoelasticity measurement by atomic force microscopy." Meas. Sci. Technol. 20 025703 (2009).
- G. Guhados, W. Wan, X. Sun, J.L. Hutter, "Simultaneous measurement of Young's and shear moduli of multiwalled carbon nanotubes using atomic force microscopy." J. Appl. Phys. 101, 033514 (2007).
- L.E. Millon, M.-P. Nieh, J.L. Hutter, W. Wan, "SANS Characterization of an Anisotropic Poly(vinyl alcohol) Hydrogel with Vascular Applications." Macromol. 40, 36553662 (2007).
Representative Older Publications
- G. Guhados, W.K. Wan, and J.L. Hutter, "Measurement of the elastic modulus of single bacterial cellulose fibers using atomic force microscopy." Langmuir 21, 66426646 (2005).
- A. Tetervak, S. Hudson, J. Zhang and J.L. Hutter, "Continuum model for mesh crystallization." Phys. Rev. E 71, 051606 (2005).
- J.L. Hutter, "Comment on 'Tilt of atomic force microscope cantilevers: effect on spring constant and adhesion measurements'." Langmuir 21, 26302632 (2005).
- J.L. Hutter, S. Hudson, C. Smith, A. Tetervak, and J. Zhang, "Banded crystallization of tricosane in the presence of kinetic inhibitors during directional solidification." J. Crystal Growth 273, 292302 (2004).
- J.L. Hutter, H.E. King, Jr., and M.Y. Lin, "Polymeric hydrate-inhibitor adsorption measured by neutron scattering." Macromolecules 33, 26702679 (2000).
- H.E. King, Jr., J.L. Hutter, M.Y. Lin, and T. Sun, "Polymer conformations of gas-hydrate kinetic inhibitors: A small-angle neutron scattering study." J. Chem. Phys. 112, 25232532 (2000).
- J.L. Hutter and J. Bechhoefer, "Morphology transitions in diffusion- and kinetics-limited solidification of a liquid crystal." Phys. Rev. E 59, 43424352 (1999).
- J.L. Hutter, and J. Bechhoefer, "Three Classes of Morphology Transitions in the Solidification of a Liquid Crystal." Phys. Rev. Lett. 79, 40224025 (1997).
- J. L. Hutter and J. Bechhoefer, "Calibration of atomic-force microscope tips." Rev. Sci. Instrum. 64, 18681873 (1993).
L. Millon, G. Guhados, J.L. Hutter, and W.K. Wan, "Bacterial Cellulose and its Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications," in: Cellulose Nanocomposites: Procession, Characterization and Properties. Oksman, K. and Sain, M. (eds.), pp. 221241 (American Chemical Society, 2006).
J.L. Hutter, "Polymeric additives as modifiers of hydrocarbon crystallization behaviour," in: Structure and Dynamics of Soft Materials. Dutcher, J. and Marangoni, A. (eds.), pp. 125154 (Marcel Dekker, 2004).